Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Game?

I decided to watch a show on BET called the Game. After recording the show on DVR , I began to watch the show then I muted the show to see if I could honestly see and understand what type of communication was going on well what I can tell you is that this show has a ton of drama! I was even hesitant about completing this blog because I was afraid that I would fail the assignment. Right? Wrong? My opinion! Back to this awful show...with the sound off: It was apparent that there was a lot of attitude (nonverbal communication) with the rolling of the neck and hands on the hips. It appeared as if everyone was upset with everyone. There was a lot of pointing and facial expressions (masking). It was apparent that the women in this show was really upset with the men!  I was really amazed by the body language of the characters and boy was I eager to see what the story line consisted of once the volume was on ... more drama?
And now.... the volume is on Honey! It's time to see what all the head rolling and and finger snapping was all about!As I watched the show I made many assumptions with the volume off.The characters were simply acting out of hurt and discuss from what the men were doing. The women had a meeting and they were discussing what to do about the situation and that's when the bulk of the drama took place. The plot thickened but it was too much for this mama! Based on the communication that I observed I thought that the women were classless and that they were sort of loose but that assumption was totally wrong once the volume was on. I believe that my assumptions would have been incorrect in a way if I had been watching this show like some of the others that I watch (I don't watch t.v daily! I have a very busy schedule!)
After completing this assignment it is believed that many people and shows are easily misjudged because the volume is not heard.In order to get the full understanding of anything there must  be clarity and understanding in the communication!

No comments:

Post a Comment