Saturday, May 25, 2013

Communicate through diverse Communication...

 Growing up I was taught that there is a time and a place for 
everything . I was taught to use correct English no matter whom I am  talking to or with. I find myself talking differently  when I am handling business or when I am talking to my students parents. We all tend to talk differently when we are in an interview. I am more professional and more direct when handling important matters.  But to speak differently to different groups and cultures I don't because I don't have any respect of person or you may say I don't hide that I speak properly regardless of the culture or ethnicity. I believe in treating  everyone the same. I can speak Spanish a little and I communicate differently with  Hispanic people because of the different language. Other than that I am the same across the board. 
I have many friends that are of different cultures and at times they try to persuade me that they are able to be as diverse but honestly they aren't.It is imperative that we are all diverse as educators and are able to communicate effectively with those that we come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment