Saturday, May 11, 2013

Communication...

Can you hear me? Can you hear me now??? We are all familiar with that catch phrase that was used by a cellular phone company. But when I think about good communicators I think about my oldest sister. She is a elementary school counselor and she has all of the attributes of a good communicator. What are the attributes of a good communicator
  • Honest
  • Tolerant of others perspectives/opinions
  • Open minded
  • Active Listener
  • Gives great suggestions
  • Does not judge or have preconceived thoughts or ideas
My sister is the person in our family that we go to and discuss the dynamics of many situations and she is able to give us sound advice which helps us become better communicators by watching her in action.

1 comment:

  1. Steffanie,

    I too chose my sister, yours sound just like mine! Everyone needs that one person in their lives who they can count on to actively listen and have an open mind without being judgmental. In society today that quality is becoming harder and harder to find in people. I like that you shared that watching her in action allows you to be better at communicating because many times we forget how important our non-verbal messages are and sometimes they convey much more than our verbal messages do. We tend to forget sometimes that even adults pay attention to adult actions not just children.

    ReplyDelete