Sunday, March 3, 2013

When I think of research...

  What insights have you gained about research from taking this course? There is so much that I have learned about research during this course. I have learned about equity, the design plan as well as the different ways of getting data for the study.
    In what ways have your ideas about the nature of doing research changed? My ideas about the nature of doing research have not changed at all! I am still terrified yet I am anxious to be successful in this endeavor.
    What lessons about planning, designing, and conducting research in early childhood did you learn? As far as planning it is imperative to plan and to have your research question clearly stated. Designing is a big factor as well. Quantitative or Qualitative???  Lastly, conducting research is putting the meat on the bones! I feel as if we are putting a puzzle together and at the end the portrait is going to come together to be a beautiful picture.
    What were some of the challenges you encountered—and in what ways did you meet them? I have encountered some really serious issues with the Walden Library and the tech department. I have really been through the fire and I hope that the remaining parts of this research project are easier than the previous.
    What are some of the ways your perceptions of an early childhood professional have been modified as a result of this course? I believe that early childhood professionals are still awesome! I believe that those that claim to be childhood professionals must attain some form of education and experience this process that we are embracing. This experience reminds me of the book called “Oh the Places You’ll Go”. There is no telling where research will take you! 


1 comment:

  1. We definitely have something in common. I too am extremely terrified about doing research. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete