Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Family Culture

The first item that I would 
take would be my Bible because it is vital to my culture and our beliefs!   
I would also take a dear family heirloom so that my children can have something tangible for them to pass on in the future.

The last item that I would take would be a photo album so that I can always remember the past.

I would explain to others the importance of these items by giving them a history of the items and how they were included in my life. If I had to give up 2 items out of these 3 I would do so willingly without hesitation just as long as I had the one that means the most to me. In doing this activity I have learned that I really don't have anything that is that important to me. I believe that the memories will live beyond anything else.

6 comments:

  1. I chose my bible also, the bible is what drive me also it is a motivational tool for me and a part of my value and beliefs. Whenever I am down I can go to this tool, the Bible and family is all we need, it is our motivational tool (the bible) we cannot do nothing without it. I also chose my family album this album is a lot of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef,
    I also selected my bible and photos. I picked those two because I was raised in the church and the other would allow me to remember the past. My question for you is which one would you keep if you had to pick. I noticed that in your post you simply said the one that is most important to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bible because it is most important to my everyday life! Great Question Marquis!!!

      Delete
  3. I love your post, the pictures bring meaning to how you feel! I have thought of this exercise in other ways when planning an evacuation and there really is no one 'item' that I absolutely need, other than those we need for survival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stef,
    I also chose to bring a bible. It is interesting to read many of the people in our class chose to bring their articles of faith. This is an important part of a families cultures. It shapes how the other parts of the family culture is expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I agree with you. I really don't have anything that is so important to me that I just couldn't live without either. I too believe the memories are the most important.

    ReplyDelete