Monday, November 18, 2013

Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal Level

Check out the organizations that Stephanie think are just GREATTT! 




The national and federal organizations  or communities of practice that appealed to me were the following: 

NEA (National Education Association) I like NEA because the website offers a Q& A section where I can ask Kate Ortiz questions about classroom management. (I may need to add this to my COP).

NASET ( National Association of Special Education Teachers)  I found this website to be a great resource for some of my peers who are focusing on Special Education. There were also helpful classroom procedures that can tie into classroom management.

National Center for Education Research: This website offers different research topics. I was able to find one on effective teachers and effective teaching that led me to a number to call or email Dr.Ying Chow of the education.

*All of these websites offer such great resources that can be used to add validity to our research. I enjoyed reading the information that the websites posted for our enjoyment! 

It's time to apply for one of these jobs!! 

Position: Adult Education Accelerating Opportunity Instructor (12-Month, Grant Funded, Multiple Vacancies) 
Savannah Technical College is seeking faculty for the Adult Education Program.
 Positions are grant funded, and contingent upon receipt of funding. The Accelerating Opportunity Instructors currently work a 12-month schedule. Instructors must display a high level of effort and commitment to performing work assignments, operate effectively within the organizational structure, and demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
* I am lacking the 5 year experience in a post-secondary setting.

GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY 
Instructor in Early Childhood/Special Education—Search # 67129 (2 
positions) 
College of Education, Department of Teaching and Learning: Position Description. Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Teaching and Learning, these two 
positions both require teaching and service along with a master’s degree. The positions involve 
supervising field-based experiences in the Statesboro service areas; teaching undergraduate courses in 
one’s certification field; working in partnership with area schools; modeling effective teaching practices, 
using instructional technology; performing service within the department, college, university, and 
community; and maintaining active involvement in professional organizations. The positions are 9-month, 
non-tenure track appointments, and the salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and 
experience. 
Required Qualifications: 
• Earned M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Curriculum & Instruction, or 
related field with an emphasis in Elementary and/or Special Education by August 1, 2014. 
• Minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience with elementary age students, including 
students with special needs. 
• Demonstrated effectiveness in using technology in instruction. 
• Experience working with a diverse study body.
* I believe that I am qualified for this position. I would like to get more experience under my belt first!

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    You picked some great national organizations. I have familiar with the NEA website and have visited it many times for different things. I see that you are interested in instructor positions. My undergrad degree is in Adult Education with a specialization in Communications. Now that I am getting my masters degree in Early Childhood Studies, that gives me a expertise in which to begin to instruct. One of the things that limits me is that I do not have teaching experience in early childhood, but I do have it in elementary education. At some point, I want to be able to teach at a community college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    I want to teach at a community college as well! I have experience in early childhood and a few years in elementary education. I think that teaching adults will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,
    You have chosen great organizations for possible places of employment. I too am interested in the National Education Association and their promotion of high-quality learning opportunities for children birth to age 5. I actually do not know much about the National Association of Special Education Teachers, but I am definitely going to read more on this organization. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete